Friday, June 28, 2013

Influenster VoxBoxes!

Some people have pointed out to me that there are some sites that let you test out full sized products, review them, and keep them, so naturally as a freebie enthusiast I was intrigued. I looked around at some of the sites and found Influenster. Influenster has you take surveys to see what you would be best to test out and then it gives you chances to test whatever works best for you. I got my first VoxBox (as they call it) today. Some of the tasks were to post a video to youtube and vine, post a picture on facebook and instagram, make a pin on pinterest, and make a post on twitter all referencing @InfluensterVox and @Mary Kay. They also like when you have a blog and post your VoxBox on it along with a review of the products.

In the box I received Mary Kay Lash Lave Lengthening mascara (in I <3 Black) (~$15), Mary Kay Lash Primer (~$15), Mary Kay True Dimensions Lip Stick in Pink Cherie (~$18), Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Violet Storm (~$22), and Mary Kay Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush (~$10), along with a catalog and two postcards explaining the box and the connected Mary Kay survey. The products were all superb! I loved the lipstick because it was very even and lasted a while. The eye color was actually hard to open the first time. The color was a little dark for my usual palate, but I loved the shimmer it has, and the brush really helped the application. The primer was basically colorless mascara that made my lashes feel a bit heavier than they do with just regular mascara alone on. The mascara was a bit thick, but it went on without clumping and was too heavy. All in all I'd buy all of the products in the box except maybe the lash primer and I'd get the eye cream in a brown or tan tone.


No comments:

Post a Comment